Last Will and Testament
Properly done, a Will allows you to select who will administer your estate, and who will receive your possessions at your death.
For an estate plan centered on your Last Will and Testament, the Law Office of Libby Banks will create the Will, and include the distributions to your beneficiaries as well as comprehensive nomination of guardians for minor children.
A Will-centered estate plan will also include a comprehensive attorney-drafted Durable Power of Attorney that allow your spouse or another trusted person to sign documents and handle financial matters for you, and advance health care directives to permit your choice of family members or others who will make medical treatment decisions for you.
The Durable Power of Attorney and Healthcare Power of Attorney are thoughtfully created with you to assure that you have proper incapacity planning – so that you are protected in the event you become unable to manage your own affairs
The Will-centered plan also includes advice and documents to avoid court Probate proceedings, and facilitate the transfer of your property after your death. Because a Will does not automatically transfer titled property such as your home and vehicles, this probate avoidance planning is crucial to avoid court proceedings.
Our law office will provide you with a three-ring Family Protection Plan binder which contains copies of all your estate planning documents as well as information regarding where assets are located, directions for memorial services, and all other pertinent information
We offer all our valued clients PEACE-OF-MIND meetings at no additional charge. Any time you experience a major life event or feel the need to consult with an attorney about an unexpected issue, you can call us and schedule a peace-of-mind meeting at no charge.
Last Will & Testament Attorney In Phoenix
While each client is unique, our estate planning packages centered on a Last Will and Testament all have certain documents designed to achieve your estate planning goals. Our plans include:
- Will(s) that ensure that all property is transferred to your chosen beneficiaries.
- Comprehensive Nomination of Guardians for minor children that is effective during your lifetime (in case you become incapacitated) and not just upon your death.
- Comprehensive Attorney-drafted Durable Powers of Attorney that allow your spouse or another trusted person to sign documents and handle financial matters for you. This document is particularly helpful if mental disability prevents you from managing your own affairs.
- Advance health care directive(s), which give directions to physicians and family members regarding continuation of life support systems and other medical treatment preferences. We also register these with the Arizona Healthcare Directives Registry if you desire, so that the documents are always available to healthcare providers regardless of which hospital or care center you are admitted to.
- Discussion concerning incapacity planning to ensure that you are protected in the event you become unable to manage your affairs for any period of time (incapacity is a major risk for everyone, regardless of age).
- Assistance in helping you avoid court proceedings after your death (proceedings called Probate). We give you advice on how to avoid probate and draw up the documents necessary to assist in easing the transfer of your property after your death (necessary because a Will does not automatically transfer titled property such as your home and your vehicles).
- Your three-ring Family Protection Plan Binder contains copies of all of your planning documents as well as informational documents and forms which can be completed regarding where assets are located, wishes for memorial services, and any other information which you consider to be pertinent. Your Binder is information central should your family face a crisis.
- Peace of Mind Meetings. Any time you experience a major life event or feel the need to talk to an Attorney about a major and unexpected issue, you can call us and schedule a Peace of Mind meeting at no charge.
Contact Phoenix Last Will & Testament Attorney, Libby Banks For a Free Consultation Today.