Phoenix Estate Planning
Comprehensive Phoenix Estate Planning
Our Estate Planning In Phoenix is highly customized to meet your unique family situation, assets, and personal goals and values. Our first meeting is complimentary, designed to give you a chance to get to know us and for Libby, our Phoenix Estate Planning Attorney, to get to know your situation and advise you on a plan to fit your needs.
While it is customary to talk about estate planning documents, when you put together an estate plan, it is not just a stack of papers. Choosing the right attorney is important. You are choosing a counselor who will guide you through the estate planning process and ask questions you may not have even considered. You are choosing a craftsman who will design a plan that your family must live with after you are gone. You are choosing the advisor upon whom your loved ones will depend at their most difficult times. And, most importantly, you are creating a long-term relationship with a trusted attorney.
Our Phoenix Estate Plans
Our Comprehensive Estate Planning Typically Includes:
- Personalized service so that all questions are answered and help is provided, with no additional cost. We explore your unique concerns to craft a solution that addresses them. This personalized service ensures that your estate planning, maintenance, and administration is always handled in a caring, efficient, cost effective manner.
- A Revocable Living Trust Agreement, which eliminates probate and the need for conservatorship proceedings in regard to all assets transferred into the trust. This trust directs the disposition of your assets to your chosen beneficiaries.
- For married couples who want to minimize estate tax or provide asset protection to each other, our carefully drafted Trusts help assist in reducing or eliminating estate tax and maximizing protections for your heirs; We also assist you in avoiding unintentional disinheritance (which can happen when you have children from a prior marriage).
- Continuing Trusts for your beneficiaries to ensure that your assets are protected for your children. These trusts may include asset protection from lawsuits or you’re your children’s divorces. For clients who seek to maximize protection, we can craft trust solutions that preserve assets for generations.
- Up to one year of membership in our Estate Planning Maintenance Program. This innovative program provides legal and personal updates, at no additional fee, on a regular basis, unlimited access to “your law office” for questions or help regarding your plan, and additional funding assistance for assets acquired after the completion of your estate plan.
- Looking at the legal standards Wills in Phoenix that ensure that all property is transferred to the chosen beneficiaries, even if an asset is not transferred to your revocable living trust during lifetime.
- Comprehensive Nomination of Guardians for minor children that is effective during your lifetime (in case you become incapacitated) and not just upon your death.
- Comprehensive Attorney-drafted Durable Powers of Attorney that allow your spouse or another trusted person to sign documents and handle financial matters for you. This document is particularly helpful if mental disability prevents you from managing your own affairs.
- Advance health care directive(s), which give directions to physicians and family members regarding continuation of life support systems and other medical treatment preferences. We also register these with the Arizona Healthcare Directives Registry if you desire, so that the documents are always available to healthcare providers regardless of which hospital or care center you are admitted to.
- Thoughtful incapacity planning to ensure that you are protected in the event you become unable to manage your affairs for any period of time (incapacity is a major risk for everyone, regardless of age).
- Initial funding and continued funding support for your trust. Includes instructions that provide all necessary information for transferring accounts at your bank, stockbroker, insurance agent or other institutions where assets are located.
- A handy wallet card enables you to get assets transferred into your trust by simply filling the institution’s forms with your trust’s information on the card, and delivering the form to appropriate institutions.
- Your three-ring Family Protection Plan Binder contains copies of all of your planning documents as well as informational documents and forms which can be completed regarding where assets are located, wishes for memorial services, and any other information which you consider to be pertinent. Your Binder is information central should your family face a crisis.
- Peace of Mind Meetings. Any time you experience a major life event or feel the need to talk to an Attorney about a major and unexpected issue, you can call us and schedule a Peace of Mind meeting at no charge.
Contact The Law Offices of Libby Banks To Schedule Your Free Phoenix Estate Plan
11120 N Tatum Blvd 101, Phoenix, AZ 85028 | (602) 375-6752